[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Public httpd servers that support encryption

On Wed, 8 Nov 1995, Wolfgang Roeckelein wrote:

> The new 2.0 beta 2 versions of the netscape navigator should accept
> additional certificates and CAs, has anybody tested this already?
> At least you should now be able to build a inhouse combination of Navigator
> and a SSL server which provide secure communication among them without getting
> VeriSign involved.

The version for Linux crashes and burns as soon as you click on any of the
options in the security dialogue, what a marvellously stable beta release
this is.  Don't know if this behaviour is strongly simulated by the versions
for the other platforms, but then I wouldn't expect much more from the
company you love to hate...

Damian

Follow-Ups: References: